Friday, March 9, 2012

I'm NUTS for Orowheat's New Healthful Nutty Grain Bread... WOW!

I'm not certain when the Healthful line came out, but I grabbed a loaf of the Nutty Grain style to give it a try when I saw that it had 5 grams of protein AND 5 grams of fiber per slice! Healthy breads often taste like cardboard, but no! Not this one. I love it. It has great flavor, is soft and a sandwich made with two slices has more than a full serving of protein and more than a third of your daily fiber. That can't be beat.

I'm always trying to find foods with protein and it's hard, so this is a big help. I won't lie, there is a ton of carbs: 17 grams per slice, but the fiber and protein really help to offset that when you're trying to stick to a diabetic diet.

This style has nuts in it, including a trace of walnuts. I normally do not eat walnuts because I can get an unpleasant reaction, but this hasn't been a problem so far, so there must not be much in there. I am looking forward to trying the other styles.

I highly recommend this bread if you're looking for a healthy style wheat bread. YUM!

No comments:

Post a Comment